When polled, do you know which destination travelers always put at the top for their dream vacation spot? You guessed it, Australia. Australia continues to be on everyone’s wish list. Now more than ever, travelers are ready to make those big trips! Australia has an endless list of reasons to make that trip “Down Under,” from its beauty to the people. Let me surmise it with a simple top five list in no specific order. As you know, I could write pages about all the reasons I love this destination.
5 Reasons to Visit Australia
- Wildlife. Australia has some of the most unique and unusual nature. Much of their wildlife is only native to Australia. This is because years ago when the earth plates separated, it left Australia an island nation. You have animals such as the koala, the kangaroo, the wombat, the echidna, the Tasmanian devil, the quokka, and so many more. And don’t forget the sea life. You have the incredible opportunity to experience many of them up close in their own habitat. No matter which animal has your fancy, you are bound to have an experience you will never forget.
- Wine and Food. With Australia boasting over 65 wine regions, it is no wonder it is a wine and culinary sensation. Australia has a variety of influences in its cuisine depending on the region you are visiting. You will find more Greek influence in, say, Melbourne, while if visiting the top end, you will find more Asian influences. Top chefs abound, and there are plenty of experiences for the ever-popular farm or sea to table for travelers to fancy their taste buds.
- Coastlines. Being an island nation, Australia has more beaches than you could ever visit in a year. In fact, they have over 10,000 beaches. With so much coastline, water activities are abundant. Learn to surf, sail the seas, swim with sharks, whatever your heart desires. Surf, sand, and sun in every state and territory make it an ideal vacation spot any time of year.
- Culture. Australia has the oldest indigenous culture. Aboriginals have been on the lands for no less than 60,000 years. Learn their ancient ways and discover how they use the land. In addition, Australia is a wealth of art, music, and sports. Visit during the festival season for an extra spectacular experience.
- The People. Yes, they have that lovely accent and sometimes unusual slang, but for the most part, they speak English. I know this can be a draw for those not as well-traveled to have that bit of comfort when abroad. But better than understanding them is enjoying their fantastic outlook on life. They are extremely friendly and laid back. The colloquial “No worries” is precisely that.
Are you ready to go? Be sure to reach out to your Australia Expert. While there are so many great reasons to go, do remember it is the size of the United States, so you will want some help in creating that perfect experience. Like me, you will find yourself visiting much more than once.