Do you look for adventure when you’re planning your vacations?
A destination that might be of interest to you is the Riviera Maya, Mexico.
The Riviera Maya offers an abundance of different areas that host all kinds of different adventures that you can explore. There are over 70 resorts that you can choose from, and I’m sure there is one to suit everyone’s desires.
Here is a week’s worth of adventures you could try while on your vacation:
1) Swim in a Cenote: Cenotes are large natural sinkholes, and an iconic feature of the Yucatan Peninsula. In Mayan times, they were used for fresh water supply and religious ceremonies, but nowadays make the perfect place for tourists who want to swim, snorkel and relax in a unique environment.
2) Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: The Great Maya Reef is home to some of the best snorkeling in America. One of the best places is off the beaches of Akumal. Akumal is a nesting ground for turtles, but you will also see several tropical fish, making it a paradise for snorkelers and scuba divers alike.
3) Xcart Park: The park offers more than forty different attractions. You can explore jungle ruins, forest trails or float along the underground rivers in a raft. There is a wild bird aviary, an orchid greenhouse, and an aquarium. In the evenings, they have an on-site theatre that depicts Mexican culture through song and dance.
4) Tulum: Tulum has picture-perfect sands, and turquoise blue waters that leave you with a laid-back vibe. It is a town like no other and offers you the inspiring Mayan ruins that are a must see.
5) Playa del Carmen Nightlife: The nightlife is centered on the beach, and one of the biggest night time attractions is the flamboyant Coco Bongo, where the shows are comparable to those of Las Vegas. One can enjoy the Riviera’s finest cuisine, sip cocktails in beachside bars or dance the night away in the popular clubs.
6) Chichen Itza: Hailed as one of the Seven Wonders of the New World, the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza truly deserves their status as the second most popular attraction in all of Mexico.
7) Relax: After all this is one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world.
photo credit: Adventures of Cancun Tours
While the Riviera Maya has all the incredible activates, it’s also a brilliant place to relax and unwind.
It offers stretches of white sand beaches fringed with palm trees. The beach is quiet due to the protection of the coral reefs. The waters are calm and portray a turquoise blue. The long stretches of white sands are home to sea turtles and crabs. I think no matter who you are or what level adventure you desire, the Riviera Maya is sure to deliver.